Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Tonight D and I went out for drinks and apps with Xavi, one of my first friends in SD. We hadn't seen him in some weeks, but he's about to pick up and move to Seattle, so goodbyes were in order. Xavi is a fantastic, wonderful person. A little baby part of me wishes he wasn't moving, but a much bigger, adult part of me is excited for his forthcoming adventure. He decided to move three weeks ago, after a weekend excursion to the rainy city. He'll be rooming with a friend of a friend, and has decided that, while he's at it, he'll apply to design school. I am so very happy for him--for his new life, for his bravery, for his opportunity. But lately, I've realized that down here--my home of five months--lies the same adventure, and spark of opportunity. I'll visit Xavi in Seattle--this I've already decided--but until then, I'm going to make the most of San Diego. That's a promise, to myself.